Calgary Canada Mission

My 18 months as a sister missionary speaking Spanish in Calgary!

Monday, May 30, 2016

When you listen to the Spirit

Okay are you ready for this.....okay first off I have to tell you the story about Marlon. This happened last week but I forgot to write it. So we have this lady in our ward and she is such a good missionary. We hadn't seen her in a while and we felt really prompted that we should go and visit her. So we did and we felt super prompted to share a scripture in Ether. So we did and we told her how powerful her testimony was. All of the sudden she got really quiet and says "do you have a paper? hurry get me a paper!" So we gave her our planners and she writes the name Marlon and his number and says "Don't say his name out loud! After you leave call him! He need God!" So we do and he answers and tells us we can come from a lesson. It was just barley out of our area so we went with the Central Spanish Elders. All four of us taught the lesson and it was SO powerful!! The next Sunday we told the hermana and her face lit up. She said "oh my gosh I thought of him with the scripture that you sent me. He is my husbands friend so that's why I couldn't say his name out loud. I knew he needed the Lord. I can't believe that you came to visit me and shared that scripture." It was such a testimony builder to see how the Lord works. Following promptings works! We also had another moment like that this week. Our appointment cancelled and so we prayed to know what to do and Hermana Dean says "lets go stop by this family we ate with in March and haven't seen since." I had totally forgot about them but when Hermana Dean said she had that prompting I felt the spirit really strong. So we went and when we did the husband answered the door and we went upstairs to find the hermana had been Super sick....and no one knew. Hermana Dean gave a super power testimony and I started to cry a little bit. I couldn't believe that no one knew. The Lord was so direct with his prompting. It was so powerful. We also went to MLCs in Lethbridge again which was fun. Road trips with Sister Trimble and Sister Blauser are so fun. It is also so uplifting to hear President and Sister Miles' testimonies. I love them so much!!! Thursday we picked up a new investigator named Adriana. The lesson was SO good. She is a referral from one the members in the English ward. She is so sweet and really wants to learn! We are excited to begin teaching her. We we got there she was like "so who is going to teach me when you go home? I want to keep learning?" hahaha she also told us that she wants us to come every Thursday! I am so excited to teach her. She is so open to learning about the gospel and she wants to invite her older daughter and mom to hear the lessons too!! It was amazing! She didn't come to church but little by little. We had a lesson with Esperanza and she came to church. I really do love her. She has such a sweet spirit and testimony. The spirit was very direct this week!! It is amazing to see how he works! Well familia I hope you have a wonderful week! 
Love
Hermana Allphin

No comments:

Post a Comment