Calgary Canada Mission

My 18 months as a sister missionary speaking Spanish in Calgary!

Monday, August 17, 2015

New area, New companions, and new miracles


Hola Familia
So this week was transfers! I am training Hermana Dean and she is beyond cute! I was so excited to meet her! She is already such an amazing missionary. We were sent to the Foothills zone in Calgary and we are serving in the Spanish Branch. It has been an adventure. We don't have any investigators but we have so many potentials. The office gave a list of Spanish people in the foothills area last transfers that they randomly found. So Hermana Dean and I spent Saturday going around and knocking on their doors. We didn't have much luck but we did accidentally run into one of the families in our ward. The Morales family! They are the sweetest family. I didn't even know it was their house until they answered the door and all of the sudden I realized that I knew them. We talked with them and shared a message and then they invited us back to dinner yesterday. They were sooo sweet! Seriously! So so so sweet! Alright so here is the miracle....we went back on Sunday and had dinner with them. They asked us if we had any investigators and we said "not yet but we are working hard to find them" Then Hermana Morales gave us a big list of Spanish people who live in the area! I was in shock! Never in my life have I received so many potentials. Hermana Morales and her family are truly amazing! So this week we are going to go and contact them! Its funny to see how the lord works with his miracles. We just happen to run into the Morales family's house and it was totally inspired! I feel like my Spanish was a lot better this week! The Lord has most certainly done the talking. I feel like he is so close right now. I am most certainly blessed. My new zone is super awesome! There are a ton of hard working missionaries for sure! This area is super beautiful! There are lots of pine trees and its just gorgeous. I thought the North zone was pretty but the Foothills zone is most certainly gorgeous! This week is going to be amazing! I am super excited to contact all these wonderful people! Its going to be amazing! The Lord works in mysterious ways but I am so glad to be here! Have a wonderful week familia! Love you lots!
Love
Hermana Allphin

Sister dean and I in the rain




No comments:

Post a Comment