Calgary Canada Mission

My 18 months as a sister missionary speaking Spanish in Calgary!

Monday, August 24, 2015

Finding, finding, and more finding


Hola Familia
So this week was super good. We have had the adventure of a life time finding this week. We have a list of potentials so we are just working on stopping by there houses. Its been super good. We had a lesson with Leila and we taught the restoration. She is incredible! She loves church and wants to be baptized. It was super cool because she had a lot of questions and I was super nervous that I wouldn't be able to explain them in Spanish but the gift of tongues is real because I could totally understand and we were able to answer all her questions. She really is amazing! I am super excited to continue to teach her. We have a lot of people that hopefully become new investigators this week. Wish us luck. They sound like incredible people I am super excited! So I had to pull out my winter clothson Friday. It was SO cold. It had been raining all night and it was still pouring rain when we woke up in the morning. But we headed out with out our car and our one umbrella into the rain. By 4:00 our cloths were drenched through. They were so wet. Seriously! The pouring rain eventually turned into freezing snow.....but no worries not the snow that sticks. Just the slushy snow. It was so cold. We had dinner with the other two sets of Spanish Elders in the branch and when we all came in....holy every single one of us was freezing and wet. I froze and all I could think about was "its August....what is life going to be like in January" The adventure is real! Anyway it was real and the next day it warmed right back up. Pretty sure Calgary has the weirdest weather in the whole world. Haha Its great! I love you familia. I hope you have a wonderful and fantastic week!!!
Love
Hermana Allphin

These Brown buildings behind us is our apartment.. kinda super ghetto on the outside, but they're good in the inside!




No comments:

Post a Comment