Calgary Canada Mission

My 18 months as a sister missionary speaking Spanish in Calgary!

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Oh Canada here I come

Hola Familia,

So what an adventure this week has been. Hmm where to start? So we finally finished learning all of the grammar for the Spanish Language....hahaha I still feel like I know nothing. Whoops. Haha oh well that's totally ok. Everyone says that I will learn in the field. My Spanish isn't terrible...hahaha but it's not the best either. The adventure is real! I got my Travel Plans!!!! I am to report to the travel office at 4:35 am to get ready to fly out to Canada. It's a strait flight to Calgary so familia be ready for the call. I am so beyond excited. The only sad part is my entire district, except for one, are all leaving on Monday. So as of Monday I will be companionless acording to my Branch President. Hahaha it's so sad!!! I am going to miss them so much!!! I seriously love them to death! After six weeks oh struggling over the language together we have become pretty close.
I am scared out of my mind to fly though! You want to know why? Okay here is goes....once upon a time I am the Travel Leader. So this means I am in charge of 9 Missionaries who all have to be on the plane to the mission and if they are late....it's my fault. NO! I am so scared! I met the other 5 sisters flying to Canada. They are all headed there English speaking and they are the cutest, but one of them asked me if I knew everything about flying. Ummmm no! Have I flown yup, did I have my dad do everything for me....yup! I am sure it wont be that hard but I think I might turn into a mom for the day until we are all safely in Canada. Haha but I am so excited! The adenture is going to be real! I am bouncing off the walls excited for General Conference!!!!! All except for we have to watch them and we dont get to bring food, water, or blankets of any kind! Hahaha I thought the blanket part was hilarious! They just know the missionaries all to well. We don't have anymore classes....ahhhhh only infield orientation and then it's all real! What?! hahaha I can't believe six weeks is already almost up. Time flys! For real it does! Hahaha this is so exciting though! Oh guess what happened at service yesterday.....(smirking face) haha so we show up to do service and the lady was assigning jobs for us. So she looks at Hermana Johnson and I and says "can you do the toliets?" I looked at hermana Johnson and smirked while moving my eyebrows up and down....hahah we were quickly reasigned. She was like "acutally sister we are going to have you vacum the rooms" Hahah so no more racing for us I guess. Whoops. Hahaha can I tell you the funniest thing about working out with the Elders? Hahahahaha oh my goodness so Hermana Johnson and I like to run around the track in the mornings. You know that everyone has their own pace and that's totally fine...but if someone has a faster pace you are suppose to move over out of curtiousy right. So hermana Johnson and I are running and we get stuck behind these two Elders. So Hermana Johnson and I go to pass them and they see us and speed up. So we look at each other and just kind of stay behind them. Then they slow back down and we go to pass them again. They look over and do the same thing. I was so annoyed! Goodness Elders just let us pass! It doesn't matter, we don't care, we are just trying to work out. So then I was real annoyed so I decided "Im just going to sprint past them.." brillant ya? No I go sprinting they see me so then they are sprinting and I got shoved over into the weight machine. Hermana Johnson was laughing because now I am brused. Moral of the story, Elders are way to competative and I now have a battle bruse on my arm. 
Here is how I have grown spiritually. I seriously grow everysingle day. The Lord is incredible and has lifted me up every day this week. I have felt the spirit whisper to me so many times. I dearly love him. I love love love hearing the savior's voice. I have been trying to read this week about the Atonement in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. It's incredible and if you have the chance I challenge you to do the same thing. The best is the Savior in America for me! I have also discover that I am pretty sure all of D&C was written for the missionaries. Christ is incredible! I also challenge to watch the Easter video the church put out about the Savior. It's very touching! It's called "Because He Lives" I love you all!!! Have a wonderful week! I love you! Wish me luck packing for Canada! Haha just kidding wish me luck in Canada!!!
love your almost Canadian Missionary 
Hermana Allphin

Here is my lovely amazing incredible District!!!! I love love love them! hahaha I know my eyes are closed but esta bien! Love you familia

No comments:

Post a Comment