Calgary Canada Mission

My 18 months as a sister missionary speaking Spanish in Calgary!

Thursday, March 26, 2015

It's a Spanish Miracle

Hola Familia!
So this week was really awesome! I am feeling really good about everything and my spiritual knowledge seriously grew like 10 feet. I tried really hard to not get frustrated with the language this week and the Lord has helped me keep my goal. I did however get a little frustrated this one day but not to worry the Lord lifted me right back up. So what happened is I was just frustrated and this sweet girl in the district told me this really amazing quote from a general authority ( I am not sure who) saying "The Language you are called to speak in, is the language that you will be able to most boldly testify in." This really lifted up my spirits and I felt as if the Lord was speaking to me telling me it was true. That gave me huge comfort because that is the thing I am most scared for, I just don't want to let the Lord down. But I know that if I can represent him the "most boldly" in Spanish then I am going to have courage, Satan can go somewhere else, and I will learn this language. This is what mind set I have tried to have all week and let me tell you I finally understand the Grammar! It makes so much more sense now. I still don't know hardly any of the vocab but I can actually put a sentence together and it makes sense. I am so happy! The Lord is incredible! I need tons of practice but hey soon I will be in my mission and be speaking Spanish all the time, so my Spanish is going to get better! Oh my goodness I love the Lord! 
This week was just really a happy week for me! Can I just say I love my District to death! I seriously do! They are like brothers and sisters I don't understand how we can be so close in such a short amount of time but I love it! So we finally got a new district to add to our zone! We welcomed them last night, they seem so cute and nice! I am super excited to get to know them! Familia can you believe that I have been here a month! I only have a week and a half left.....crazy! I am getting excited to go to Canada for sure! It's going to be so hard to leave my district because I love them so much but I am excited to go and preach the gospel with all my heart to the people of Canada! Haha I love the Lord and love the MTC! It's seriously the strangest place in this entire world. I can't describe it to you but it is so amazing! It's the hardest thing in the world but I am so happy! Oh one last funny story...I will send you the picture with it after. So I get a little competitive lets just say....hahaha whoops. Every Wednesday and Saturday we have service and on Wednesdays I swear Hermana Johnson and I always get stuck cleaning the bathrooms...nasty! Any way we were asked to clean them again so we decided we were going to make a little game out of it. There are 8 stalls in every bathroom so we each took four and raced each other. Hahah it was the most fun thing in the entire world. Haha but it got a little heated and next thing we know the maintenance lady is running into the bathroom because she thought we were seriously dying. Ok familia you all know I am a loud person haha....so racing might of not been the best thing for me. Hahaha I don't know if we will be cleaning the bathrooms again but....haha oh well! Oh and can I just tell you missionary conversations are the best. Haha yesterday we spent forever talking about which person in The Book of Mormon we would marry....what? Haha never in my life would I have ever imagined have that conversation. Haha the MTC gets long hahah but it's totally fine because we are well entertained! I love you so much Familia! Keep praying for me to get the Spanish, I am progressing but I still have miles and miles to go! I love you all
Love your soon to be Canadian Spanish Missionary
-Hermana Allphin


my comp/district

I gave Jen one last huge hug this week and she is off to Oklahoma to visa wait. She is the best I am so excited for her!


​Look at this darling package Alyssa sent me!! She is adorable


we are no longer allowed to speak english in the class room! ES MUY DIFÍCIL

So this is what happens when we find out Hermana Jackmans sister is having a girl! Being a sister is the best ever!






No comments:

Post a Comment