Calgary Canada Mission

My 18 months as a sister missionary speaking Spanish in Calgary!

Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas in Canada


Hola familia 
It was so good to talk to you on Christmas! Hahahaha even if you told me my hair is ugly.....thanks;) So this week started out with my birthday which was so much fun! We went to a members house for dinner and they are so sweet and surprised me with a birthday cake. I sent you the pictures last week. Then Tuesday the 22 we had our Mission Christmas party and it was so fun! We got to be with all the missionaries in all of Calgary and oh man it was fun. I was so excited to see Hermana Dean and Hermana Ratliff! I love them so much! We didn't have a ton of appointments this week because everyone cancelled for Christmas but it was good stopping by the members. We had Christmas Eve with our Branch mission leader and all the other missionaries which was so much fun. Then we came home and pulled all the mattresses into the family room and had a big sleep over. Then at 6:30 we opened all our presents together and got ready for the day. We then went over to the other sisters apartment and had a Christmas breakfast.  We met the zone at the church and played soccer, volleyball (with a soccer ball kind of hurt) and scatter ball. It was for reals so much fun!! Then after Skype we visited with the cute little old ladies in the branch who were having Christmas alone and then we ate dinner with the Morales family whom I love so very much!!! Legit they are the sweetest family ever! Carla is their daughter and she is getting ready to serve a mission. Its amazing! The rest of the week has been work work work. Its been so cold!! So cold! Can I just say though that Christmas on the mission is seriously one of a kind. I cant explain it but I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to serve. Everyone is always so worried about being away from their families at Christmas but it is almost like Christ knows it will be hard so he gives you extra love and you feel so happy inside. I am so grateful for my Savior and for his birth. Its going to be a grate week in the Kingdom of God! Love you familia! It was such a tender mercy to skype you on Christmas! I Love you! Happy New Year!
Love
Hermana Allphin

No comments:

Post a Comment