Calgary Canada Mission

My 18 months as a sister missionary speaking Spanish in Calgary!

Monday, December 14, 2015

Christmas is a time for miracles

Hola familia

Okay are you ready for this (drum roll) We have two new investigators!!!!!! Leila's son Luis is officially an investigator with a baptismal date for January 9th! Brittan Grace its your birthday! Lucky day I think;) He is so cute and super excited! So awesome! Then are you ready to hear about Jorge. So we met Jorge and it was so cool because I asked where he was from and he said "Colombia" that's when I was like sweet so i started to speak in Spanish. He got so excited and then he looked at my tag and was like "La Iglesia de Jesucristo...." and then he was like "contact me!" so we gave him our number and he gave us his and we set a lesson. Crazy right! I was like this sounds to good to be true. So we went to the lesson and it was incredible. He went to the church in Florida and really loved it but when he moved he couldn't find the church when he came to Canada. He has been looking for the true church and has gone to a lot of different ones. When he saw my tag he was so excited because it was the same church in Spanish. So he could communicate and people could understand. The first lesson was really good and I felt the spirit so strong. We invited him to church and he came! He came an hour early just so he wasn't late for anything. He loved it!!! I taught gospel principles because it was my turn and I was so nervous. But here is the thing it wasn't me teaching the lesson I don't even remember what I said. The spirit was so strong. It was all about the life of the Savior. Let me tell you every time you mention the Savior and his atonement the spirit is there quicker than ever. After church he came up to Hermana Morgan and me and said "Hermanas Baptize me. I want to be baptized as soon as possible!" I almost fell over and died I was so excited! The Elders told us later that he commented in Priesthood and said he would love to join the church if they would have him. There are so many wonderful prepared people in this world. The field is white already to harvest is totally right. The Lord knows his people so well. We have a lesson with him today with a member and I am so excited!! I am so happy for Lelia's son Luis and Jorge. Claudia is doing amazing as well. I feel so blessed that I am not getting transferred and that I get to serve these people here in the branch. It is so wonderful. To see the Lords hands is incredible. I love it so much!! Its going to be a wonderful Christmas! I love you familia. Only 12 more days and then we get to Skype! Whoohoo! Love you love you love you!!!!
love
Hermana Allphin

No comments:

Post a Comment