Calgary Canada Mission

My 18 months as a sister missionary speaking Spanish in Calgary!

Monday, December 7, 2015

Chinooks are the best!

Hola familia
So I should probably tell you that I am doing all the weather in Celsius hahaha so yes it was -20 but no worries it was in celsius. This week was warm though. I am back to my lighter jacket. So Calgary gets these interesting things called Chinooks. That is when this random hot air comes in and gets trapped and then everything heats up by about 10 degrees. So right now it is a nice sunny day. Still colder because its winter but it is nice. So this week we had a lesson with Claudia and it was amazing! She is super incredible i just love her. The lesson was amazing too! She is so prepared. She came to church on Sunday and we have a lesson with her this week. I got to sit by Leila at the Christmas Party, which was the best, and I just love her. Luis has already chosen his baptism date! The day after his birthday!!! So excited! He is the sweetest little boy ever! The coolest thing ever is that he watched Meet the Mormons and he loved it so much. He watched it because his mom in a recent convert and he wants to go on a mission one day. I just love him! He is only 11 almost 12 and he already knows he wants to be a missionary. The mission is so crazy and amazing! It is the best thing in the entire world. I can believe its transfers soon. This transfer has flown by. Love you so much familia. No worries I am staying plenty warm thanks to the Chinooks;) It going to be a great week in the Kingdom! 
Love
Hermana Allphin

No comments:

Post a Comment