Calgary Canada Mission

My 18 months as a sister missionary speaking Spanish in Calgary!

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Thanksgiving....in October


Hola Familia
So sorry that I am writing you on Tuesday yesterday was Thanksgiving for Canadains hahaha it was so funny though! We had Thanksgiving with a member in our ward and we ate tacos....and pie! Best Thanksgiving ever! I love tacos so much! It was amazing! So this week Louis has a baptismal date for the 24th of October! Whoohoo!! I am so excited! He came to church on Sunday and my ward mission leader came up to me and Sister Dean and said "since you have an investigator and its fast Sunday one of you should bare your testimony" I was like oh no.....that means me. My Spanish is still not the best in the world but I got up there and it was so scary. Hahaha but kind of fun. Member trust we will do anything for member trust. Haha but the best part was the closing hymn in Sacrament was "How great thou art" and oh man it was so powerful. We noticed that he stopped singing half way through the hymn and after the prayer we looked over and he was crying. He looked at us and just said "that was beautiful" I was so happy! I have never seen such a humble man. He is incredible. The Elders were so nice to because we are a kind of a small branch so we don't have a gospel principals class unless we have an investigator. So when Louis came to church we were all scrambling and I guess the ward mission leader told the Elders that they were teaching it. So they just winged it and taught the class for us. Then they took Louis to Priesthood. I was so grateful! After church we went to say goodbye and he was like "ok Hermanas so we will have a lesson on Tuesday, and baptism on the 24th" He is so excited we are just so excited for him!! Leila didn't got to church but we have a lesson with her this week. We are so excited for her too! We know she is getting excited too! Its been an adventure! Last P-day Hermana Dean and I are went on a hike with the zone! SO MUCH FUN! Canadian mountains are so much bigger than Utah's mountains. They are gorgeous! Well its been an adventure! This week should be good! Love you so much familia! Hope you have a good week!
love
Hermana Allphin


The water was soooo blue!!!



We hiked to this little waterfall








No comments:

Post a Comment