Calgary Canada Mission

My 18 months as a sister missionary speaking Spanish in Calgary!

Monday, May 4, 2015

The field is ready to Harvest


So this week was super incredible! So many good things happened it was super exciting. It was a super busy week but I have decided that business is happiness. I love love love teaching! We found two new investigators this week and we are so excited to start teaching them! They are super awesome. We taught Carla and Lucy for the second time. It was a miracle because we haven't been able to get a hold of them and finally they texted us back and let us come and teach them. We taught them the Plan of Salvation and I was super excited! It was so cool because of course I went into the house nervous but the lesson was so good. Here is the thing too I taught most of it. I don't know how but I knew Spanish enough to teach most the lesson. It was so incredible! I was super excited. I love teaching the Plan of Salvation. It truly is incredible. I felt the spirit so strong. My companion shared a beautiful testimony and I could see it in their eyes that they could feel the Spirit too. They agreed to go to church and we spent all Saturday trying to find them a ride and a car seat. Here is the bad news. Satan is mean and I don't like him. Sunday rolled around and when their ride went to go and pick them up for church they said they were not coming. They said that they were going to go to a different church, but they still want to meet with us. I was so sad!  But ya know if Satan want a battle he is going to get one because I am not giving up. I know that they feel the spirit they are just a little hesitant. They love us coming over though so good signs all around. I love the Gross Familia! When we go to their house to teach her, her husband was there too. So we got to teach them both. It was so great. They have some incredible plans so I am super excited. Sorry this weeks email is super short I don't have a ton of time. Just know that I am working my tail off! My Spanish is still really shaky and I can't understand a lot of it but that is ok. I know that I was called to learn this language so it will come. I love the Lord and am so glad I get to be a missionary. Have a fantastic week! Can't wait to talk to you on Mothers day!
Love you Canadian missionary
Hermana Allphin



No comments:

Post a Comment