Calgary Canada Mission

My 18 months as a sister missionary speaking Spanish in Calgary!

Monday, August 15, 2016

It's been an adventure

Family!
I am so excited to see you all tomorrow! This week has been the best last week ever! On Thursday I went to my last LTMs with all the Spanish missionaries in Calgary. It was so fun! I got to see the Missionaries in the branch for the last time and say goodbye to them. I have loved serving in the Spanish program! Legit these people are like my brothers and sisters! They are the greatest missionaries ever!
I have spent the whole week meeting with and seeing members for the last time. It's crazy how many of these people have changed my life. I love these people and am sad to leave them but I am grateful for the adventure that I had here in Calgary. I was able to visit Leila and Luis for the last time as well. It was so sweet! I love them both so much! I was able to talk to Karla on the phone because she is out of town and just say goodbye to everyone I love. 
Saturday we went to the temple. It was incredible I have loved having a temple in my mission. My mission was seriously hand picked by the Savior for me I know it. The temple has been such a sanctuary for me and it was so awesome getting to end my mission with a temple trip. I got to see Hermana Dean for the last time and give her a huge hug! I love her so much!! She is such an incredible missionary! I have loved serving with my 3 companions. 
Sunday was such an adventure! I talked to so many people and church and I gave my final talk/testimony. I was super nervous but it was such a privilege to be able to share with the whole ward my testimony. After wards I sang with Hermana Ratliff in relief society (which is super funny because even after 18 months I still can't sing but all is well). Then I went to my last ESL class and got to be with all my students. They are all so cute! They were like "your going back to America? Why? We like Canada? When are you coming back?"  hahaha I was like oh well not for a long time. Then they all started moaning! hahahah I love the ESL class they are the best! Bishop and his wife both called me to say thank you which was my favorite part of last night. It was just so sweet! I really love and respect Bishop Gonzalez! He and his wife are in incredible and it has been a privileged to serve with him. 
The adventure continues. I have love this place so much! This mission has been the most amazing and rewarding thing that I have ever done. I am so grateful the countless opportunities that I had to really know who my Savior was. I have loved working a long side of my Savior and to see how he works with his children! I am excited for the next adventure to come! I don't think I will ever forget this place. It has become so sacred to me. This has been the greatest blessing I could ever ask for. I love you familia. I will see you real soon!

Love
Hermana Allphin

4 comments:

  1. Hermana Allphin this is Rachel Dean's mom! :) We would love to come and hear you report about your mission experience in sacrament. What time and where will you be speaking? :) xo Emily Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be awesome! So it starts at 1:00 and the address is 11162 N Alpine Highway Highland UT 84003. I would love to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it's this Sunday. I am so sorry I just checked the comments. So sorry the respond so late

    ReplyDelete