Calgary Canada Mission

My 18 months as a sister missionary speaking Spanish in Calgary!

Monday, June 13, 2016

Meeting President Nelson

HI fam!
Guess what?!?! President Russell M. Nelson came to my mission! It was so cool! We got to see him on Saturday! We woke up at 4:30 and left at 5:30 am to be down in Lethbridge at 8:00 It was SO cool! This is my second Apostle in the mission and oh man it is So powerful when they come. They walk it in and the spirit is like "bam" there so quickly! It was so awesome! Kind of sad because I had to say goodbye to the Spanish missionaries serving in the South. Most likely I wont see them again which is always sad but kind of cool that we have a little Spanish program and we are all friends. We had another lesson with Esperanza and it was good!. We also had our new investigator Adriana come to church!!! It was SO awesome! She is so cute and she loved it!! It was SO great! We had transfers and Hermana Dean was transferred to the branch which means I will be finishing here in the ward. My comp is........HERMANA RATLIFF!! I am so excited!!!!!!! I love her to death!!! This is our third time being comps and oh man I just really missed her!  Our first appointment back together it was so funny! We went to see this little old lady in our ward who like to make us hand squeezed lemonade. It's so good but she always has us drink the entire pitcher. Well I forgot to tell Hermana Ratliff so we went and got lunch. Hahaha we get there and the sweet sister pulls out this pitcher of Lemonade and we drank the whole thing. We had legit food babies. Our stomachs were sticking out SO much. Hahahaha after at a different dinner we were joking with the Elders and I was like "I have never had to pray to eat food until the mission!" hahahaha because its so true sometime you are so full you feel like your stomach is going to explode and then you just keep eating because you don't want to offend anyone. Hahaha we all joke that we are going to be 702 lbs by the end...hahaha! We have some good work ahead of us and its going to be awesome!! The field is still white and still ready to harvest. We have a really good week planned!! I am excited!! Well family I hope that you have a wonderful week! I love you SO much!!!
love
Hermana Allphin

No comments:

Post a Comment