Calgary Canada Mission

My 18 months as a sister missionary speaking Spanish in Calgary!

Monday, June 27, 2016

Calgary's June rain

Hola Fam!
This week it rained.....a lot! Hahahah We had two really good lessons with Esperanza and in the second lesson that we had on Saturday she said the prayer and it was SO powerful! It was so beautiful I started to cry. We talked about the reason we pray and the blessings of prayer and the Spirit was so strong. We also talked about the Sacrament and the reason we take it! They were both really good lessons. We also had a lesson with Yaritza. It was so crazy because we were on exchanges so my companion didn't speak Spanish. Hahaha so we are on exchanges waiting for the member so I don't have to teach the lesson by my self and it's pouring rain. Hahaha poor girl I made her stand in the rain for 15 minutes until the member came. So we get into the lesson and we are soaking wet hahaha Yaritza was so sweet and ran up stairs to get us some towels. Hahaha but the it all worked out in the end. We taught the Plan of Salvation and the lesson was SO good! That is my favorite lesson to teach! It brings so much hope and I love seeing it in the investigators eyes. The cool thing was that her mom (who doesn't want to learn about the gospel) always sits in the Kitchen and listens to the lessons. We are in the living room and she sits in the kitchen and listens to every word. Cool huh! The spirit was so strong and I know that they both felt it. We have more lessons set up with both Esperanza and Yartiza this week. We have lessons with our other investigators as well and some potential lessons so hopefully all goes well. Its going to be a good week! I love you so much familia!!! I hope that you have a wonderful week!
Love
Hermana Allphin 

No comments:

Post a Comment