Calgary Canada Mission

My 18 months as a sister missionary speaking Spanish in Calgary!

Monday, April 11, 2016

one ginormous horse sized dog.....

Hola Familia
So this week was a little bit was a little crazy! We had two Zone Training Meeting and two exchanges hahahaha. I went up with Sister Merkley who is serving in Airdrie for the night and it was so funny! She is such an awesome missionary! So you all know that when it comes to me and animals....well they are not my favorite. So we are walking along and Sister Merkley says "well lets stop by this potential who lives around here. She is super sweet! She has a lot of dogs though." She have known from that statement it was going to be bad. Hahaha we go in and all of the sudden I am pinned up against the door by this GINORMOUS Great Dane! I have never been so scared in my life!!! Then there is this little tiny dog and this scary German Sheppard/husky! I was trying so hard to be brave. So we go and sit on the down and the all swarm. I have the little dog on my lap barking at my face, the scary dog licking my legs and last but not least the Great Dane....liking my face! I have never been so uncomfortable in my life. I just closed my eyes and held my breath while my comp shared a message. The things that you do on exchanges. I was so grossed out leaving and all the rest of the day...I smelt like dog. Moral of the story when someone says "she has a lot of dogs though" don't do it;) We also changed chapels so we are right next to an Indian temple...hahahaha its so different from the beautiful city view! Hahaha but all it well! We were also tracking while on exchanges and it was just not a good day for finding. I was so tired and we get to this door and this old British guy answers the door. Sister Vanshouvenburg says "hi we are missionaries....." and the guy just starts laughing and says "well that's nice I don't believe in God" I lost it! I laughed so hard! It was just such a long day and of course he wouldn't even believe in God. Hahaha I legit just started laughing at the door. The guy was so surprised that I was laughing that he started to laugh too... next thing we know we are both just laughing at each other. Then he says "you know I have a really good friend who is a Mormon. Why don't you girls come in. My wife is here in the other room." Hahaha tender mercies of the Lord. We got to talk to him for a bit. He didn't change his mind but it made it a better experience. Hahaha so there you go sometimes if you burst into laughter they let you in;) Well I love you so much Familia! Elder Chirstofferson (the Apostle) is coming to our mission this week! How cool is that! I am so excited!!! Love you so much! Have a wonderful and incredible week!
Love
Hermana Allphin

No comments:

Post a Comment