Calgary Canada Mission

My 18 months as a sister missionary speaking Spanish in Calgary!

Monday, April 18, 2016

Elder Chirstofferson came!

Hola Familia!
So this week has been such a spiritual week! Finding out about Grammy passing away was a little bit of a shock to me but the Lord has lifted me and comforted me throughout the week. She was incredible and I love her so much! I have no doubt that she has been able to see her three missionary grandchildren this week. Tuesday we had a lesson with Edgar and when we went he had a new person there. Her name is Juliana and she just got to Canada from the Dominican like a week ago. We taught the first lesson and let me just say it was one of the most powerful first lessons. It started out a little rocky...Edgar had lots of doubts. We tried to bring it back and bring the spirit. It was okay until Hermana Dean shared the first vision. Let me just tell you I am so proud of my companion. Her rock in the church is her testimony of Joseph Smith and it shows. She shared the first vision and as she shared it Juliana's mouth dropped open. The spirit was so strong and I swear I saw it click in her eyes. I was able to give my testimony of Joseph Smith and The Book of Mormon and I felt to spirit so strong. Especially testifying of the Book of Mormon. We have a lesson with them again on Tuesday and I am so excited! Every Missionary lives for moments like that on the mission. That's when you really remember why you are out here and it changes you. Seriously the chance that I have to share my testimony has changed my life. It's funny how the Lord works that way. We also had LTMs (language training) which is always fun because we get to see the whole Spanish Program. Hermana Morgan (my trainer and previous companion for 5 transfers) was able to bare her testimony as she goes home this week. Her and an Elder and then we all start to go home one after the other... One transfer after the other! Isn't that crazy! We also were able to go to the temple with her and the other spanish sisters. These Sisters are my dearest friends in the mission. When you all only have 3 companions and you all rotate and are the companions multiple times...you get pretty close. It was hard saying goodbye to her but I know that she is going to do awesome going home! We also had a lesson with Esperanza who is our new investigator also. She has a lot of trials and it is so vivid that the Lord is reaching out to her. We met with her on Friday and her and her daughter came to church with us on Sunday! They loved it and the Ward was so kind and loving to them! I was so happy! Then Saturday we got to meet Elder Christofferson!! He came and oh my goodness the Spirit was so strong. The second he walked it I could just feel it through my whole body like "he is for sure an apostle of the Lord!" I have so many note of the things he said. It was incredible truly! He is so funny too! Like he was up there cracking jokes! It was awesome! He talked about a lot of things but one thing that stuck out to me was prayer. He talked about how God is there listening and how we can invite the spirit more and receive revelation more clearly is by being grateful. Then he bore his testimony of the Savior. SO powerful! It gave me chills. I am so grateful I had the opportunity to meet an Apostle while I am a missionary. Well I love you so much family! Hope you guys have a wonderful week! 
Love
Hermana Allphin

And here is our beloved spanish Program!



this is ESL!



LTMS hermana Morgan's last



this is the new view and check out the polka dots....we went on exchanges so we were together all day like this






No comments:

Post a Comment