Calgary Canada Mission

My 18 months as a sister missionary speaking Spanish in Calgary!

Monday, January 11, 2016

El Bautismo de Luis

Hola Familia
We had Luis' baptism this week and it was incredible. We went over and taught the last two lessons and got him ready for his interview. He was so excited and so was his mom. I loved seeing the absolute joy on their faces when we talked about planning the baptism. its been a really spiritual week. We had the chance to go to the temple on Wednesday with Hermana Dean and Ratliff and it was incredible. I love the temple so much. Then on Saturday morning Hermana Morgan and I drove to the church and filled the font all ready for the baptism. It has been so cold this week but Saturday morning it was beautiful. The sun shone right through the window into the font and it was so peaceful and the spirit was so strong. Luis told his mom that he thought God was really happy for him because it was such a beautiful morning. He was so excited and the baptism was perfect. Leila's was priceless as she watched her son get baptized. I am so happy that Heavenly Father gave me the chance to teach this incredible family. I love Leila so much and her son is so amazing. They welcomed him into young mens and soon he will be able to pass the Sacrament! Wow so incredible! The branch is truly amazing I am so glad that I am serving here in the foothills. Hahaha funny story about the cold though. Downtown street contacting in -20 is so cold! We were freezing!! hahahaha my hands hurt so bad. If you didn't keep moving you would freeze. Hahaha Sister Kendrick's hair frosted......legit it was white it was so cold. Hahahaha the adventure is real in Canada. I love it! Have a good week familia love you!
love
Hermana Allphin

No comments:

Post a Comment