Calgary Canada Mission

My 18 months as a sister missionary speaking Spanish in Calgary!

Thursday, July 16, 2015

So this week....


Hola familia
Let the craziness begin, this week was hopping! No joke we were so busy but it was the best thing ever!!! So Monday we met with Khessy and taught her the restoration, it was such a good lesson. All because she has the most beautiful testimony. The light of Christ is so amazing when we look into her eyes. It was incredible! We had another lesson with Luisa who is on date for baptism. She is the sweetest person ever! She is such a good mom, and she love the lord so much! I am so excited for her baptism. Every time we teach her the spirit is so strong! I love her lessons so much! We also taught Yanet again and she is doing well. She is reading the Book of Mormon which is amazing!!! She is the sweetest too! We talked about prophets with the Gross family this week! It was so funny because we taught them "follow the prophet" and "book of Mormon stories" and it was the cutest thing. The little girls we so cute singing it! Haha I forgot how fun primary songs are. What the why did I ever want to leave primary. Haha it was the best! They are such an incredible family!!! They really are. I can feel how much they want to bring the Spirit into their homes and there lives. I just love them to pieces. We received a referral and she came to church!!! She loved it so we were super excited! Her name is Liela and she such a amazing lady! She sadly was the only one to come to church this week so that was super hard. But the others are almost there. I am so excited to start to teach Liela! We teacher her on Wednesday so that super exciting! We also taught Marisa who is from Peru! Whoo haha Lima Peru, its funny because I always have a little bit of a connection because I can bring up Chantelle! They love hearing she went to Peru. Its the best! She is the kindest person ever! I just love her! She told us that she already believe that Joseph Smith is true but....she also said she believes all religions are true....so that is a little problem, but she really is the sweetest. I know once she reads the book of Mormon that she will know for sure the church is true. I love these people so much! Please pray that we will know what they need to hear and that the spirit can work through us. I love the Lord so much and I feel so blessed to be able to serve these people!!! I really do! The Hispanic culture is incredible I truly love these people! I got to have my interview with President Miles for the first time! What an incredible man! He is going to be an amazing mission president!!!! I am so excited to have him! He really is incredible! The lord is amazing!!! I love this mission so much! Never stop praying for me to understand Spanish because it is still really hard for me to speak! I love you familia have an incredible week!!!
love
Hermana Allphin

No comments:

Post a Comment