Calgary Canada Mission

My 18 months as a sister missionary speaking Spanish in Calgary!

Monday, July 20, 2015

My gospel vocab

hola familia
Haha so I am most certainly a missionary because my vocabulary is all gospel....hahaha the adventure is real. This week we went with a member to translate for a doctors appointment. Haha let met tell you charades is the funniest game ever! It was an adventure. But I learned a lot of new words. It was actually super fun though! I had a blast! Khessy has a baptismal date for August 1st!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOHOOO! I am so excited for her! She is the sweetest girl ever, she also has the most beautiful testimony! I am so proud and happy for her. We also have been getting ready for Luisa's baptism on August 8th. Two baptisms in two weeks, one in the ward and one in the branch!!!! I am so excited!!!!! The adventure is so real!  We taught Yanet and we are excited to start teacher her and her husband as a family. We taught Carla and Lucy this week and Lucy read the Book of Mormon and has a testimony!!!! I almost burst into tears! I was beyond excited for her!! The Book of Mormon is so powerful! I love reading and hearing the words of the Savior! We had a hard time getting our investigators to church this week, but we are still trying. We taught the familia Gross as well! I love them so much!!! They are the sweetest ever! I love teaching children too! Its so much and they are so close to the savior. The work is amazing in Canada! It warms my heart so much! I feel so blessed to be here in Canada doing the Lords work. Hermana Ratliff, Morgan, and I were talking about our calls this week and how unique our call is. Who knew there was even a Spanish mission in Calgary? There are only three of us, out of all the sisters missionaries in the world. I feel so blessed to be here. What an wonderful and incredible gift to be a missionary. I have never felt so close to the Lord. I get to see his hand in peoples lives and I love being his missionary. I love the fact that the Lord trusts me and can count on me to teach these wonderful people. Its so amazing to feel the spirit teaching. All I have to do is open my mouth and the Spirit takes over. Spanish is slow but its coming. I love the Lord so much!!!! Wish us luck getting everything ready for the baptism! I love you familia!
Te Amo!!!
Hermana Allphin


Downtown street contacting Spanish style

No comments:

Post a Comment