Calgary Canada Mission

My 18 months as a sister missionary speaking Spanish in Calgary!

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The missionaries go marching two by two....or maybe three by three


Hola Familia
So are you ready for this excitement! Okay so this week during personal study I found this really amazing scripture about the refiners fire and Hermana Morgan and I had this really inspired insight about the scripture. I was so excited to share it but here is the thing....I didn't know how to say it in Spanish. So all week I was practicing my heart out trying to learn all the words in Spanish and yesterday at dinner I shared it all by my self! WHOOO It was the coolest thing! I don't even know how I remembered all the words but I was way over the top excited! That is my downfall I think...I don't have a ton of confidence in my Spanish but yesterday its like the lord gave me a big hug and a pat on the back. Haha okay that sounds cheesy but its true. So this week this week is transfers. Haha the suspense in the mission is so real its hilarious. We saw Yanet this week but we didn't get to teach her but we have an appointment for next week. We didn't see Carla but we did see Lucy this week. She is the sweetest and she said that she really loved when we come over because she feels so peaceful. Now we just have to explain that the peace is the Spirit and she can have it with her forever if she gets baptized and receives the holy ghost. We are really hoping that they will have that desire this week. Things are changing I know that Satan is working hard but not to fear because the Lord is so much stronger!!! I wont give up on them! They are the sweetest family ever! We are hoping to get a new investigator this week!! June has been an incredible month! It really has. I am so grateful to be an Canadian Missionary! A Spanish Canadian missionary! Love you Familia have a wonderful week!!
Love
Hermana Allphin

No comments:

Post a Comment